Monday Memo is a weekly newsletter with the latest news in documentary filmmaking delivered directly to your inbox. Authored by Jordan M. Smith, this newsletter includes important headlines, doc events and features a different project every week for funding. Don’t miss another Monday by signing up for our newsletter. Click here to subscribe.
- July 27, 2020: Monday Memo: Doc Editor Jonathan Oppenheim Dies at 67, Maysles Doc Center Launches Online Series, TIFF to Open With Spike Lee/ David Byrne Concert Doc
- July 20, 2020: Tiger Production Controversy Breaks Out Over Representation, Telluride Cancelled Due to COVID19 & IDFA Forms Filmmaker Support Department
- July 13, 2020: A Call for Accountability, UK Cinemas Test the Waters After Lockdown & Fall Film Festivals Vow To Collaborate
- July 6, 2020: Kevin Rafferty Dead at 73, Academy Invites 819 New Members, and a Question: How Does Film Shape the Fight for Racial Justice?
- June 29, 2020: Fall Festivals are Making Big Plans, Others are Asking if Movie Theaters are Safe
- June 22, 2020: AmDoc Announced ‘Artist Mental Health Fund’ for BIPOC, North American Queer Festival Alliance Founded, Grasshopper Launched Projectr
- June 15, 2020: Black Defiance at the Movies, Academy to Develop “Representation” Standards, AFI DOCS & Sheffield Doc/Fest Announce Lineups
- June 8, 2020: Firelight Launches Beyond Resilience, Human Rights Watch Film Festival & More
- June 1, 2020: Street Protests, RIP Christo, HOT DOCS & More