The 2013 Festival!
Check our submissions page for details about getting your film into DOC NYC 2013.
See you in November!
sign up for newsletter
DOC NYC on Facebook
@docnycfest #docnyc"Good luck to our friends at @hotdocs on their opening night!""Tonight at 8pm: powerful doc BITTER SEEDS w/ dir Micha Peled Q&A at @STFdocs @IFCCenter http://t.co/NUPvGKJJpG"
2012 Festival Archive
2011 Festival Archive
2010 Festival Archive
FINISH YOUR DOC MASTERCLASS: MUSIC & SOUND DESIGN
- 12:15 PM, Tue. Nov. 13, 2012 - IFC Center - Buy Tickets
Co-presented by Chicken & Egg Pictures and featuring two Chicken & Egg Pictures supported films both at the final completion phase.
This session is geared towards how directors translate – and might even struggle – to explain their ideas to a sound editor and composer. The panel explores what the process looks like, how the back and forth works, how to prepare for this in the field while producing/editing, and what to strive for in this critical phase of film making. Audiences will witness “spotting,” how sounds are added to the work, and the process of moving from temp to final music, with real critique and input offered by professionals to filmmakers who are in the throes of it – or just about poised to mix. The session will also discuss the creative aspects of this process and the logistics around a film’s final mix.
Films to be Workshopped:
- AFTER TILLER (Martha Shane and Lana Wilson, directors)
- UNSTABLE ELEMENTS (Madeline Sackler, director)
- Margaret Crimmins (Sound Editor, Taxi to the Dark Side, Jesus Camp, Freedom Riders, Sexy Baby)
- Wendy Blackstone (Composer, Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory, Love walked In, New Jersey Drive)
- Judith Helfand (moderator, Chicken & Egg Pictures Founder, Filmmaker, A Healthy Baby Girl, Blue Vinyl, Everything’s Cool)